If you have difficulty getting a good night’s rest, rely on the sleep specialists at Faith Regional Health Services to help you get the sleep your body needs.
Expert Sleep Care
Know you’re in good hands with our expert sleep team. We hold accreditation from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). You’ll receive the highest standards of quality care throughout our diagnostic and treatment services.
What's Sleep Medicine?
Sleep medicine specialists diagnose and treat sleep disorders. When your body doesn’t get enough sleep, it can impact your overall health.
Do I Need Sleep Care?
You may benefit from sleep medicine services if you:
- Are tired all day or fall asleep at random times
- Experience a tingling or crawling feeling in your legs while lying down
- Frequently take more than 30 minutes to fall asleep
- Grind or clench your teeth during sleep
- Have trouble concentrating or are forgetful, anxious, or depressed
- Rely on caffeine to stay awake
- Sleepwalk or sleep-talk
- Snore or gasp while asleep
- Take many long naps
- Wake up frequently throughout the night and then stay awake for long periods
Your Sleep Care Team
Work with our:
- Board-certified sleep medicine doctors – Specialize in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders
- Registered sleep technologists – Run tests that provide your doctor information needed to diagnose sleep disorders
Disorders We Treat
If you have frequent trouble sleeping, it’s likely due to a medical condition known as a sleep disorder, such as:
Insomnia is when you have difficulty falling or staying asleep at night
Narcolepsy is characterized as excessive daytime sleepiness causes you to often fall asleep suddenly during the day
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)
Frequent jerks of the arms or legs, while you sleep, are the most common characteristic of PLMD.
Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless Legs Syndrome is an unusual sensation in the legs that cause frequent movements when you lie down to sleep.
Brief pauses in breathing while asleep is a common symptom of sleep apnea.
Getting out of bed or performing other activities while asleep
Treatment Options Available
Enjoy the sleep you need with a personalized sleep health plan. Depending on your needs and preferences, your plan may include:
- Sleep study in a home-like sleep room or at your home to monitor your sleep and diagnose sleep disorders
- Lifestyle changes, such as modifying your diet or exercise habits
- Sleep apnea devices, such as a continuous positive air pressure (CPAP) to keep your airways open while you sleep
- Surgery to make it easier to breathe continuously during sleep