Pre & Post-Surgery Therapy
Feel your best following surgery by working with therapists at Faith Regional Health Services.
Rely on experts who can evaluate and treat pain and other symptoms after:
- Ankle or foot surgery
- Back or neck surgery
- Elbow surgery
- Hip surgery
- Joint replacement surgery
- Knee surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Wrist or hand surgery
Benefits of Prehabilitation
Starting physical or occupational therapy prior to your surgery can help make your return to home after surgery safer and easier:
- Be taught how to move around safely, control pain, and swelling
- Get your walker fitted and learn how to use your walker to navigate stairs or curbs.
- Learn exercises in advance you can perform right after surgery
Prior to your surgery, an occupational therapist (OT) can come to your home to make recommendations on small changes you can make prior to surgery to your home environment to make it safer for you during your recovery.
Advantages of Therapy After Surgery
Get personal, one-on-one therapy after your procedure so you can:
- Gain knowledge and education on your condition
- Improve your strength, mobility, and independence
- Recover more quickly and return to your work, sport, or active lifestyle
- Reduce the risk of injury and infection