Seek care from a certified hand therapist at Faith Regional Health Services to recover from an injury or illness that affects your wrist, fingers, elbow, or arm.
Certified Hand Therapist
A certified hand specialist is a physical therapist or occupational therapist with in-depth training and experience in caring for conditions that impact your upper extremity.
You can count on an expert evaluation and treatment to improve your range of motion, increase your coordination, and lessen your pain.
When to See a Specialist
Get specialized care from a certified hand therapist if you have:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Hand, wrist, and finger injuries, like dislocations, and broken bones (fractures)
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Sensitive skin after an injury or surgery
- Sports-related injuries involving your upper extremity
Your hand therapist will ask about your symptoms and health history during your first visit. Depending on your goals, your specialist may provide:
- Joint mobilization to increase range of motion
- Modalities such as fluidotherapy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation and more
- Orthotics, such as braces and splints, including their customization
- Swelling management
- Treatment to decrease skin sensitivities