Release of Information to the News Media Policy
Faith Regional Health Services is committed to maintaining a positive and collaborative relationship with local, regional, and national news entities. All media inquiries and requests are the responsibility of the Marketing and Public Relations department regarding Faith Regional Health Services, Faith Regional Physician Services, Faith Regional Surgery Center, St. Joseph's Rehabilitation and Care Center, Skyview Villa Assisted Living, its patients, services, clinics, and medical staff.
While we strive to provide timely and helpful media assistance along with access to our facilities and medical experts, our top priority is protecting the privacy and security of our patients and staff. Faith Regional strictly follows federal guidelines regarding patient privacy and confidentiality matters as outlined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
All media inquiries need to be directed to the Marketing and Public Relations Office. You can contact our Media Coordinator at (402) 644-7146 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.
Release of Patient Information
Any patient medical information released to the media will be done in strict accordance with HIPPA. However, Faith Regional may refrain from releasing information regarding patients involving cases of a sensitive nature or to ensure their safety and security.
All media inquiries about the status of a patient must include the specific patient's name and exact spelling. If the patient has requested that information regarding their status not be released, we will not release any information. If they have not requested information be withheld, under the Privacy Rule, a hospital spokesperson may release a one-word condition about the patient as follows:
The patient is awaiting a physician's assessment.
Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. The patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. The patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. The patient may be unconscious. Indicators are questionable.
Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. The patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Treated and Released
The patient received treatment but was not admitted.
Treated and Transferred
The patient received treatment and was transferred to a different facility (the hospital may disclose that a patient was treated and released, however, it may not release information regarding the date of release or where the patient went upon release without patient authorization).
- A member of Faith Regional's Marketing and Public Relations staff must escort members of the media at all times while on Faith Regional property.
- All interview requests that will take place on Faith Regional property must go through the Marketing and Public Relations department.
- Media access may be limited or denied to any area of Faith Regional facilities at the discretion of our healthcare team.
- All individuals participating in a media interview, photography, or videography must complete and sign a release of information form provided by the Marketing and Public Relations department.
- To respect the privacy of our patients and staff, media representatives should not call the hospital or arrive unannounced and ask to speak to a patient by name. All requests to talk to patients need to go through the Marketing and Public Relations department.
Access to Faith Regional Health Services is based on the understanding that members of the media will adhere to all policies and laws related to patient privacy and confidentiality. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. To contact the Marketing and Public Relations office, contact our Media Coordinator by emailing: