Faith Regional Volunteer Services has over 175 volunteers who perform over 6,000 work hours
in a single year! We take our service very seriously. In addition, Volunteer Services awards scholarships annually to recognize the gift of time given by volunteers. Every day, a volunteer at Faith Regional enhances a patient's life through acts of kindness and friendship. Their good citizenship is much appreciated by patients and staff.
These scholarships provide financial assitance to eligible volunteers to aid them in tuition and related expenses at any accredited U.S. higher education institution.
A maximum of 10 scholarships are awarded with amounts of $500; $1,000; $1,500; or $2,000.
Applicants must volunteer a minimum of 110 hours at Faith Regional Health Services to be eligible to apply for a scholarship. Cumulative hours may be submitted from active status date through March 15 of the year applying for a scholarship. Once hours have been totaled and submitted for an application, that volunteer's service hours will be re-set to zero unless a scholarship is not awarded in which case the hours will continue to accumulate for future re-application. Volunteers are eligible to re-apply for a scholarship as long as all requirements are met. Volunteers not in good standing (3 missed assignments or 5 unexcused tardies) will not be considered.
Faith Regional Volunteers will be rated on the following criteria:
- Organization membership and community activities
- Leadership qualities
- Future goals
- Total hours (110 - 150 hours = 10 points; 150 - 200 hours = 20 points; 300+ hours = 30 points)
- Applications are accepted once a year. A completed application, accompanied by three (3) letters of reccommendation and verification of service hours from Volunteer Services, must be received on or before the application deadline of March 15. Incomplete files will not be considered.
- Applicants must include a certified copy of their most recent high school, college or higher education transcript (if most recent schooling was within five years).
- Applications must be applying to an accredited school and, if selected, must provide proof of registration prior to disbursement.
> download scholarship application form
Completed applications, reference and transcripts must be postmarked on or before March 15. Recipients of the scholarships will be announced/recognized during the Annual Volunteers Recognition Luncheon.
Becoming a Volunteer
If you are ready to start helping make a difference in people's lives, print and fill out an application and sent it to our coordinator today!
> download volunteer application form
2700 W. Norfolk Avenue
Norfolk, NE 68701
Contact Scholarship Chairperson
507 E. Walnut Ave.
Norfolk, NE 68701